Spiritual Evolution through ReikiAugust 23, 2017
What is Distance Reiki And In-Person Reiki?November 11, 2017
The body and the Spirit!
Ancient China, India and Egypt believed that human body is combination of energy- “spirit”, and matter-“Body”. Maintaining equilibrium between the two resulted into good health. There are different methods by which you may do that, and one such method is the- Color Therapy!
Energies in Colours
It is believed that energies are located at specific centres in human body, which can be correlated with the nerve ganglia, at the central axis of the body. Termed as “Chakras” (Sanskrit word meaning- Wheel), these centre are further in synchronization with various parts of the body and are known for the health of the corresponding part. The seven Chakras are then associated with various colors, known to radiate energies which are frequencies of different wavelengths. The basic principle of the “Color Therapy” is, maintain the symphony between energies of chakra with the help of the energies of colors, and accomplish healing.
Chakras and analogous Colors- Aid Healing
The seven known Chakras and their corresponding colors are –
- Root Chakra: It is located at the bottom of the spine, provides sense of security, safety, firmness and strength to the body. Red color is related to this Chakra, stimulate the feeling of strength, courage, passion, love, increase the blood circulation, and regulate pulse rate, blood pressure and temperature of the body.
- Sacral Chakra: Located 2-3inches below the navel and related to kidneys, adrenals, reproductive system, sensuality, sexuality. Orange color, warm in nature, related intensifies creativity, vitality, sensuality, joy, happiness and pleasure.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra: Located between the navel and the bottom end of sternum, is correlated with pancreas, liver, digestive system, gallbladder, positive thinking, and pleasure. Yellow color which is associated with brightening life and is symbol of sun has similar corresponding qualities.
- The Heart Chakra: Related with the heart, lungs, thymus gland, brain and immune system, this Chakra keeps balance of nervous system, focus, compassion, regeneration, and lifts mood. Radiance of yellow and coolness of blue combines in green and makes it the most balanced color which sooths body, mind and spirit and enhances meditation and healing.
- The Throat Chakra: This chakra connects the body and mind, related to thyroid, parathyroid glands, regulates metabolism, and voice. Blue color associated highlights truth and links the body and mind, and stabilizes the mind and can be used for thoughtful, spiritual and meaningful life.
- The Third-Eye Chakra: This chakra is associated with pituitary gland and located between the eyebrows. It develops self-esteem, wisdom, clarity, happiness and intuition in you. Similar properties are termed with the corresponding color- Indigo.
- The Crown Chakra: Located at the top of the head the chakra is related to pineal gland, sensitive to light, which produces neurohormones. Connecting the two hemispheres of the brain the chakra and its corresponding color-Violet, which slows down nervous energy for deep relaxation, can provide clarity, raise self-esteem, and connect you to higher spiritual self.
Though in today’s western medical science the above theories are not acceptable but gradually they are also exploring the possibilities and are not limiting themselves from the powerful Chakras.